Pharmacy Museum. The former market square of the city is the oldest pharmacy in Lutsk, which operated from the middle of the XIX century. Her first owner, Petro Zlotsky, rebuilt this 18th-century stone building. Today, the shopping mall successfully reproduces the interior of a former old pharmacy. In the main place is a massive counter of a pharmacist with a unique cash register in 1902, in the drawers of which are the money during the construction of a pharmacy. In the second exhibition hall – the pharmacy owner’s cabinet. On the table is a vintage bookcase and a typewriter. On the shelves is a library of rare books on pharmacy crafts. Herbarium of medicinal plants, dated 1942, is also stored here.
The Art Museum is located in the former House of County Court on the territory of the Lutsk castle. The section of foreign art presents works of national schools of Spain, Italy, Flanders, France, Austria, Germany, England and Poland from the period of XVII – the first third of the twentieth century. In the section of Ukrainian and Russian art of the second half of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries the viewer has an opportunity to get acquainted with the main ways of developing the artistic culture of this period, as well as with many bright creative personalities.
In 2003, a new exposition of the old Ukrainian portrait was created. Its basis was composed of works originating from the generic castle of the princes of Radziwill in Olice. The canvas of the family-memorial portrait gallery is very different in artistic level, executed mostly by unknown or by the court masters of the dynasty and Radziwill. Today, in the Art Museum, exhibitions, master classes, creative evenings and presentations are often held.
Volyn Regional Museum of the Ukrainian Army and Military Equipment – the only military museum in the Western region of Ukraine. The museum is a branch of the National Military-Historical Museum of Ukraine.
The exposition of the museum consists of two parts: an exposition of modern military equipment and weapons on the open ground and a thematic historical and chronological exposition. Today, the museum’s funds amount to about 1,000 exhibits, representing aviation and armored vehicles, artillery and anti-aircraft missile weapons, small arms, equipment and equipment of the troops, as well as various military history materials that have museum significance: war flags, molds clothing and military life, documents and photographs, works of art, military trophies and other materials. The museum holds thematic exhibitions.
Volyn Museum of Local Lore is the main museum of the Volyn region, the largest and most ancient of the currently operating museums in Volyn. It was opened on June 16, 1929 in Lutsk on the initiative of the Volyn Society of Local Lore, created in 1927, and the guardianship of the monuments of the past. Today, more than 140 thousand exhibits of the main fund that represent nature, history, ethnography, art of the Volyn region are kept in the funds of the Volyn Museum of Local Lore. The collections of the museum are presented in an exposition, which consists of sections of nature, ancient and modern history, thematic exhibitions. Each year in the museum about seven dozens of various exhibitions are created from both the museum’s funds and other institutions.
Museum of Bells in Lutsk castle is the only one in Ukraine. The museum collected bells XVII – beg. Twentieth century In the 60s of the last century, bells from closed churches were brought here.
In total, the museum’s collection has more than 90 bells. Some bells are decorated with small ornaments for religious reasons. The largest bells in the collection weigh about half a ton. In addition to the church, there are also bells from the fire department, the train station, the river pier, the post office and even a small school bell. The oldest bell has been over 350 years old. Also interesting are the square bells from the Arkhangelsk region (Russia), as well as royal bells-bells, which can be heard even for several kilometers. In the winter, the museum is open to visitors from 10.00 to 17.00. The cost of visiting the museum is included in the cost of the entrance ticket to the castle.
Book Museum is arranged in the former county treasury building on the territory of the Lutsk castle, built in 1807. During the nineteenth and twentieth centuries it hosted various city institutions.
In the museum’s exposition – books of the seventeenth and twentieth centuries. The pride of the museum is the Service Gospel, published in Lviv in 1644, and the two-volume “Trebnik” of Metropolitan Peter Mohyla, issued in 1646. In addition, it is possible to see reconstructed old typewriters here, one of them in the fifteenth century. In the winter, the museum is open to visitors from 10.00 to 17.00. The cost of visiting the museum is included in the cost of the entrance ticket to the castle.
Lesia Ukrainka Museum Volyn National University is located in the second building of the University. His exposition introduces the life and art of the writer, the history of the glorious Kosach family, and the funds contain more than a thousand units of conservation. Among the exhibits are autographs, photographs, life and rare editions of Lesja Ukrainka’s works, a unique collection of postcards from the late 19th and early 20th centuries with landscapes of those places, documents and belongings of the Kosach family.
Also interesting is the Museum’s artistic fund, which included picturesque pictures of the nephew of the poet – Yuri Kosach. paintings by artist Andronik Lazarchuk, creative works of Ukrainian artists. dedicated to Lesya Ukrainka and the Volyn region. During its existence, the Museum became a well-known center of cultural life in Lutsk, the center of scientific and creative work.
Museum of the Volyn Icon represents the original regional Volyn iconography school of the XVI-XVIII centuries.
The exposition of the museum presents icons, church decorative carvings, metalloplastics and sculptures. Exhibits are collected in eight halls. More than 100 monuments of iconography represent a variety of styles and creative manners of professional and folk artists, the activity of icon-painting cells of Volyn, characterizing the development of Volyn painting. In the museum, in particular, works of the famous Ukrainian icon-painter Yov Kondzelevich are exhibited. Since 2000, the Volyn Icon Museum has become a pilgrimage site to the Holm Miraculous Icon of the Virgin, the oldest icon in Ukraine. Also in the museum are theme nights, presentations, meetings, concerts of chamber music and spiritual singing.
Museum of Agricultural History of Volhynia – a scansen located on an area of more than 170 thousand square meters. km in with Rocky Mountains (12 km from Lutsk). The museum began its activities in 1979.
The author of the idea of creating the museum – Peter Teslyuk, author and developer of the museum’s exposition – Oleksandr Seredyuk. In 1983, the Board of the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine assigned the Museum of History of Agriculture of Volhynia an honorary title “People’s Museum”. Interesting and fascinating exposition materials of the seven halls of the museum tell about the emergence of agriculture and livestock in the Volhynia, the improvement of agricultural implements, represent the history of agricultural development in Volhynia from ancient times to the present, agricultural science of the region, features of natural conditions for agriculture. In 1989, on the initiative of the director of the museum of Alexander Seredyuk, an active exposition of the open-air exhibition “Cossack Winter”, whose exhibits harmoniously fit into the nature reserve, was started in the landscape of the Rokinivskyi Arboretum. Visitors are able to get acquainted not only with the monuments of the ancient residential, economic, monumental and landing wooden construction, but also to dive into an interesting journey through the protected trails of the past centuries. The monument to the Cossack Mamay – a warrior and defender, character and wizard takes up a prominent place in the exposition. Cossack village lives: here you can not only visit traditional buildings, but also learn how to embroider, weave, knead a dough, bend on horseback, look like a plow, spend the night in the fragrant hay, or, according to ancient traditions, to genry, chew or feel the emotions of the Kupala night, Mowing, bedding, Andrew Evenings… In the “Cossack Winter Farm” there is the “School of Cossack Hunger” – a youth public organization, founded by Alexander Serdyukov, who teaches the combat hopak.
Gallery 4/8 (ENG 4/8 GALLERY) – the gallery of street art was built in 2017 by the Ukrainian philanthropist Andrew Pokrovsky. The location is Lutsk, the territory of the “City Park” recreational complex. The author of the idea and the inspiration of the project is Andrey Prysyazhnyuk, a street archer. Architectural concept was created by designer and architect Sergei Torbinov. A unique street gallery exists in the format of “open air”, which is an informal exhibition space, without any limitations of imagination and imagination. The analogues of “4/8 Gallery” are not yet known, as it is an independent architectural object, in the development of which the key principles of the exhibition-type buildings were taken into account. Regardless of the exposition located on the walls of the gallery, this object represents a volumetric spatial composition, a self-sufficient architectural ensemble that already has an aesthetic function itself and contextually complements the formed environment. The whole project is based on the principle of ephemerality, as a fundamental feature of street art, in which the artist replaces the artist. The 4/8 Gallery’s spatial-spatial structure has a clear geometry and was created by opening the space of a typical gallery of four walls, thus erasing the boundaries between the inside and the outside, which opens up free access to the exhibition space. Sergei Torbinov developed the architectural concept of the informal exposition space. Roman Lytvyn joined the work on the concept. Exposure space are 4 wallpapers in the size of 3 x 3 m. Changing the exposure is made approximately every month, new creations will occur over the old ones, over and over again. The methods are free and diverse: acrylic, aerosol, collage. Due to the location features, the passerby becomes a direct visitor to the gallery. A peculiarity is that between the walls of the gallery you can pass and feel the smell of paint, the atmosphere of artistic harmony.